Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics is a comprehensive services orthopaedic group, offering diagnostic, surgical and non-surgical procedures, along with rehabilitative physical and occupational therapy. Our orthopaedic specialists along with our therapists work as a team to treat virtually any orthopaedic injury and musculoskeletal pain experienced by our patients.
MBO has been serving the Mercer County, New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania areas for over 20 years, and has the following opportunities currently available:
[ Online Employment Application ]
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics is a premier; subspecialty-oriented private practice group of orthopaedic specialists with interests in hand surgery, sports medicine, orthopaedic trauma, joint replacements, foot & ankle surgery as well as physical medicine and rehabilitation. Located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, and Hamilton, Lawrenceville, Marlton, and Princeton, New Jersey and one hour and thirty minutes from Philadelphia and New York City, the area serves a population of over 1,000,000 people. This stable and expanding practice is seeking a board— certified fellowship trained Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon to complement the practice and enhance the musculoskeletal component and business development of our organization. Ancillary services combined with the practice include physical therapy, occupational therapy, imaging, ultrasound, a DME program, and an ambulatory surgery center.
Each of our board certified physicians provide a focused practice area including: Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Hand/Upper Extremity, Arthroscopy, Trauma, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Foot & Ankle, and PM&R.
Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics is affiliated with several local hospitals including St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, serving Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton New Jersey, Capital Health System in Hopewell and University Medical Center Princeton at Plainsboro serving New Jersey.
- AAOS Board Certified
- Orthopedics Residency
- Spine Fellowship
- New Jersey and Pennsylvania licenses
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (609.587.4349) your CV to the attention of the CEO.
Workers Compensation Coordinator
Full-time position exists at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics, PC, a premier subspecialty-oriented orthopedic group with offices in Langhorne, Pennsylvania and Lawrenceville, Hamilton, Marlton, and Princeton, New Jersey for an experience Worker Compensation/Motor Vehicle/PIP Insurance Coordinator. Reporting to the Workers Compensation/Auto/PIP Insurance Manager, this position is the main point of contact for physicians, employers, case managers and their staff by providing the highest level of customer service in administering the workers compensation/motor vehicle claims program and promoting its services.
Primary contact in the office for workers compensation and auto insurance claim adjusters and case workers to schedule appointments and to coordinate patient care within the MBO provider system and ancillary services. Maintains constant communication through quick notes and provides timely updates about patient progress and return-to-work readiness. Responsible for responding to inquiries from patients, adjusters, case managers, and employers.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Establishes new accounts/cases and updates existing cases for worker's compensation, places telephone calls to companies to verify workers comp accidents and obtains the required information
- Sends updates to case managers, adjusters, or employers upon request.
- Completes necessary forms to obtain authorization for treatment and to report on progress of the same to payors.
- Provides internal customer service and serves as a resource to all facilities and providers of MBO.
- Coordinates and monitors ongoing departmental productivity and volume data.
- Actively promotes the workers compensation and motor vehicle accident treatment services to outside entities.
- Identifies opportunities to expand services and preferred provider contracting with employers.
- Assists management with continuous improvement initiatives
- Minimum two years working with Workers Compensation professionals and Patient Accounts REQUIRED to include knowledge of Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident
Insurance requirements for authorizations and certification processes both in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Minimum two years prior medical office experience with knowledge of medical terminology, orthopedic office experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline in preferred.
- Requires a working knowledge of medical terms.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients/customers, physicians, case managers, and lawyers in resolving worker's compensation problems.
- Demonstrated and proven experience of providing outstanding level of customer service.
- Ability to create positive relationships with referral sources, fellow coworkers, and clinicians.
- Ability to deal competently with difficult people and situations while maintaining a calm professional manner.
- Organization with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- At least one year previous insurance experience, reimbursement experience and previous ICD-10 and CPT- coding experience helpful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime, as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak effectively
- Able to hear average conversations and respond accordingly.
- The employee is regularly required to sit extended periods of time.
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
MBO offers Excellent compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Online Employment Application
JOB ID: MBO FA-160902
Full-time position exists at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics, PC, a premier subspecialty-oriented orthopedic group with offices in Langhorne, Pennsylvania and Lawrenceville, Hamilton, Marlton and Princeton, New Jersey. Primarily working in the MBO finance/billing office in Langhorne, PA, the Finance Assistant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management skills, and effective problem solving to ensure success.
The job of Finance Assistant was established for the purposes of providing support to department activities with specific responsibility for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling fiscal information in compliance with established policies; providing instructions, recommendations and/or accounting support to other personnel, and analyzing expenditures against budget.
- Primary responsibility is to assist with the preparation of financial statements and support schedules according to the corporate time lines.
- Compiling a wide variety of financial information for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Assisting with Monthly and Year End tasks.
- Preparing journal entries and performing general ledger operations.
- Preparing account reconciliations (cash, liabilities, fixed assets, payroll accruals) and supporting sub-ledgers.
- Accounts receivable, including processing payments, producing statement of accounts, and account reconciliation when required.
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank. All associated finance entries. Monitoring and resolving bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences, bank reconciliations.
- Assisting in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing analysis of accounts as requested.
- Assisting with payroll administration.
- Processing employee expense reports, verifying expenses are within the company guidelines, correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses, and entering into the finance system.
- Company credit card reconciliations and communication for obtaining supporting documentation.
- Researching discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to the established procedures prior to processing.
- Assisting with the preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Assisting with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Informing other staff regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices.
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Reviewing financial information for the purpose of identifying possible budget variances, compiling statistical information and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting other team members as necessary
- Assisting with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in Finance/Accounting) required.
- Recent college graduates encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- 1-3 years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting\g, finances, and taxation.
- Experience with relevant accounting software, Sage 50 or Peachree experience preferred.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office Suite, especially proficient in Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from supervisor to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, professional staff, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Ability to favorably represent the Company image.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Adapting to changing priorities
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Personality attributes to include:
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident
MBO offers Excellent compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Online Employment Application
JOB ID: MBO-PR161110
Full-time position(s) exists at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics, PC, a premier subspecialty-oriented orthopedic group with offices in Langhorne, Pennsylvania and Lawrenceville, Hamilton, Marlton and Princeton, New Jersey. Reporting directly to the Front Desk manager and indirectly to the VP of Clinical Operations, Patient Registrar is responsible for effectively and professionally managing patient flow from arrival to departure, performing various duties to ensure good internal and public relations of office patients. The successful registrar will be able to function pleasantly and in a professional manner in a fast-paced medical office with multiple providers and heavy patient volume. Dependability, accuracy, and detail orientation are essential to this position.
- Intermediate to proficient computer skills and at least two years experience in a medical office are required. Experience in an orthopedic office is preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Working knowledge of health insurance plans and referrals preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and may be required to travel among offices as needed.
- Bilingual/Multilingual a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets patients and guests as they enter the office.
- Checks in patients by reviewing the completeness and accuracy of patient’s demographic and insurance information in office computer system and updating as necessary, following the established sign-in procedures.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility/coverage and provider assignment, as necessary. Checks for accuracy of insurance status, eligibility, account information, and all vital statistics.
- Assembles the patient chart neatly and accurately; completes all necessary paperwork.
- Has patient sign appropriate eligibility and consent forms.
- Collects co-payments and payments on balances; follows department policies for cash management and reporting.
- Checks out patients after visit, schedules follow-up appointments, may make arrangements for patient with other providers as requested by provider.
- Posts charges in the office computer system to facilitate accurate billing of services.
- Collects fee-for-service payments; completes receipt for patient.
- Assists patients who are picking up referrals, medications, forms, etc. left at front desk.
- Monitors reception area and is able to assist if patients have any difficulty.
- Is aware of wait time and communicates that information to patients.
- Attends all regular staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MBO offers excellent compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Online Employment Application
Medical Billing & Accounts Receivable Manager
JOB ID: MBO-MBM151105
Alternate Title: Surgical/Medical Billing & Revenue Cycle Manager
Full-time position exists at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics, PC, a premier subspecialty orthopedics group with offices in Langhorne, Pennsylvania; Hamilton, Lawrenceville, Marlton, and Princeton, New Jersey. Billing Manager is responsible for overseeing the revenue cycle process from charge entry to collections. Duties include but not limited to charge entry, claim edits, electronic transmittal, electronic receipts, billing and accounts receivable report generation and analysis, paper CMS claim processing when necessary, cash correct coding, credentialing, staff training and supervising.
The Billing and Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for overseeing all of the daily operations for coding, charge capture, claims submission/adjudication and payment posting. This position requires someone experienced and knowledgeable about physician practice and surgery billing with both Government and Commercial payors. The Billing and Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for HIPAA Privacy compliance as well as relevant State and Federal compliance requirements for physician coding & billing.
- Oversee operations of billing and AR functions, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment.
- Provide excellent customer service, including problem solving, timely follow up, assisting in billing operations where needed.
- Provide relevant guidance for staff to resolve internal and external issues.
- Inform Management of any significant issues in the Billing area (e., Billing backlogs, HIM bill drop delays, payer issues, vendor issues, etc.).
- Evaluate workflow processes, make recommendations for change and implement change.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education.
- Inform Management and staff regarding payer requirements, significant changes and developments.
- Set goals in conjunction with Management. Monitor Billing performance according to quality and productivity standards developed internally and documented in SLAs.
- Establish and monitor controls to ensure appropriate submission and acceptance of electronic and manual bills.
- Monitor billed and re-billed summary reports and act on trends and/or root causes.
- Provide reports and analysis of billing performance as requested.
- Understand and communicate nuances of billing various payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's, PPO's, IPA's, employers, etc.
- Oversee management of Billing staff, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate. Identify strengths and weaknesses of staff, prioritize and set time lines for improvement; help staff to function as a team; cross train where possible.
- Develop all team members individually and as a group, set monthly, quarterly, and annual goals that allow consistent, cost effective measures.
- Respond to problems that arise on a daily basis; resolve where possible, referring problem or responses to Management, as required; review and investigate all complaints received by the department with department members to ensure speedy resolution and reply.
- Assist Management in department-wide initiatives such as the development of operational models, process improvement, and staff education and training to secure positive results, monitor performance, and improve resolution plans.
- Facilitates the preparation and submission of billing department employees’ timecards for payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or a business related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years progressively responsible and directly related healthcare billing and supervisory experience in a medical group or large physician practice; orthopedics and surgical billing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ICD9, ICD10 and CPT coding. Current certification with the American Academy of Professional Coders or AHIMA (CPC) is very desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of medical billing practices such as posting, claims filing and reconciliation, charge preparation, closing reports, training of staff, billing, collections reimbursement, and coding compliance functions and processes.
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and interpreting reports.
- Advanced technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with electronic health records required, Greenway Intergy experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of staff, patients, and outside contacts.
- Proven track record of meeting financial benchmarks
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Professional demeanor in dealing with patients and insurance companies.
Online Employment Application