What Should I Expect Prior to Surgery?
- Most patients go home the same day of surgery or within 24-48 hours
- Depending on the procedure, the patient may or may not be able to put weight on the leg for a period of time
- Patient may shower right away since there are no stitches or staples used
- Patient is re-evaluated at 2 weeks post-surgery to discuss physical therapy and appropriate activities
- Once all physical therapy is completed, patient should be able to return to all activities with no restrictions