What Should I Expect Prior to Surgery?
Upon medical evaluation, if you fall into one of the following categories, you could be a candidate for Hip Preservation Surgery.
- A physician consult with one of the hip preservation specialists
- A detailed physical exam focusing on common causes of non-arthritic hip pain
- Diagnostic imaging including x-rays and MRIs when necessary
- Treatment often begins with oral anti-inflammatories, activity modifications and physical therapy
- Depending on diagnosis, treatment can include diagnostic or therapeutic image-guided injections
- If all non-surgical treatments fail, then a consultation with a surgeon to discuss possible surgical treatment options