New Patient with Chronic Pain
If you are in chronic pain, the physicians and therapists at MBO can help you. We are a full service orthopaedic care facility with qualified physicians in all major orthopaedic specialties and physical and occupational therapy services. Every year we help thousands of patients find relief from pain.
What is chronic pain?
Pain that lasts for 3 months or longer is called chronic. Pain is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong. The cause of chronic pain is not always clear. It may occur because brain chemicals that usually stop pain after you get better from an illness or injury are not working right. Damaged nerves can also cause the pain. Chronic pain can also occur without a known cause.
Chronic pain is not 'normal' and can be treated
It's normal for you to have pain when you are injured or ill. But, pain that lasts for weeks, months or years is not normal. Chronic pain can also lead to depression and other illnesses over long periods of time. Chronic pain should not be ignored and can be successfully treated and managed by a qualified physician.
When is chronic pain serious enough to call your doctor?
- Your pain has lasted more than 3 months without a clear reason.
- You are feeling down or blue or are not enjoying the activities or hobbies that you have enjoyed in the past. You may be experiencing depression which is common with chronic pain.
- You are unable to sleep because of the pain.
- You had an illness or injury that healed but the pain has not gone away.
- You have a family member or friend who appears to be suffering from chronic pain and you would like information about treatment.
- Please browse our patient library for more information on chronic pain.
- Make an appointment with us today
- To find out how to make an appointment please click here.